Monday, April 30, 2007

Hooray for the little things


Rough start today. Feeling like I'm spending a lot of time getting after Cooper lately and this morning was no exception. Hate that feeling of sending him off to school that way. After Tag and I got home from school I looked around at all the stuff I had to do so I picked up my cup of tea and said "Tag - wanna go play outside?" My messy house will still be there tomorrow but the sunshine may not. So while Tag scootered around I drank my cup of tea and thought about Cooper and how time goes so fast. My neighbor came home and we hung out outside for a while and then I asked her if she could watch Reagan and Tag for a while and I went and picked Cooper up at school and took him out for lunch. He was so happy to see me and we had a good little chat. He must have said 'thanks, mom' about 10 times. Sometimes it's hard to connect with them one on one because of the chaos that is life. So glad it was sunny this morning and that it pulled me outside to stop and think about what's important. By the way, this sunny little bouquet is what Tag and Reagan picked for me on the way home from preschool. Makes me smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi- me again!!!!
You are so right about the important things in life. Wait until you turn around and the kids are in high school!!!
You do a great job as a mum - and, your house is never messy!!!!

PS
You're right. I am not the"only" one to comment - but I am the most consistent.