Monday, April 16, 2007

I remember now...

why we call it StupidStore. I took a nice long break from the Real Canadian SuperStore but for some reason decided today that I should try it again. I always under budget the time that it actually takes to get through the store. There are so many distractions, like clothes, shoes, toys, household items that by the time Taggart was completely tired of sitting in the cart I had not one item in it that was actually on my list. Not to mention that these same carts take a dollar, not a quarter like every other store, that of which I never have so I have to hang out in the parking lot waiting for someone to come by that I think looks friendly enough to give my a loonie for the change I scrounged out of the van. So now I have 25 minutes to get groceries, stand in line, pack my groceries, and get to prescool in time to pick up Reagan. I don't know what I was thinking but I actually attempted this. I finally get to the checkout which are of course all lined up with 4 or 5 people. The next till over, I see another preschool Mom trying to attempt the impossible. I call over to her - "are we going to make it?" "no chance" she says. But she's already got half of her stuff on the belt so she's stuck. It's taken me an hour and a half to get through this store and collect all this stuff and now I have no choice but to leave it all behind. I find someone and ask if I can leave the cart and come back for it. "Okay" he says looking at me as if I'm completely scatterbrained - which I am. So now I drive to preschool(all the way across town) just to drive all the way back there to retireve my groceries. But of course as I 'm driving I remember things I've forgotten to get, I was in a bit of a hurry. So now, instead of just paying and getting out of there, I return into the abyss. Before doing so , the helpful guy who held my cart for me tells me he has a coupon for $30 back if you spend $250. Not thinking I am anywhere near that I stuff it into my pocket. Second time through the checkout - $234.76. SOOOO close. Now I am thinking if I buy only $15 worth I get $30 for free. Can't pass that up, can I? So I enter the store for the third time. Pick up a couple of t-shirts for Reagan and through the till again - give the girl my coupon and my previous receipt and she says "I think it has to be $250 before tax" Well, the look on my face must have been enough to tell her that she should really just get me out of the store, because before I knew it there was a supervisor there giving her overrides, handing me money and sending me on my way. I think they were just as glad to see me go as I was to leave.

At dinner Tony asks "What did you do today?" When I answered"spent the day at Stupid Store", oddly enough he didn't even ask for an explanation. Please let me remember this experience the next time I think Superstore would be a good place to do my shopping.
And because every post is better with a photo here is one of my little family on a much happier day.
Love you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or what about when you have to try and guess how many bags you'll need to pack your groceries!!!!

Cute photo of the kids.