Friday, May 11, 2007

Came across this website recently and thought I would share. It has been a few interesting reads about what people believe on varied topics. In turn, making me think about the same statement. this I believe... It's still a lot of unanaswered questions for me but - this I believe - people are generally good.
Tony and I found a wallet recently while out on a walk. There was no address inside only a student ID card which showed he went to a local highschool. We took the wallet home and the next day I called the school to let the owner know that we had it. He called the next day with very broken english to see where we lived so he could come and pick it up. He arrived an hour later with his Mom and a large pepperoni pizza. He gave us the pizza in exchange for his wallet.

Today as my dad and I stood outside on our driveway an elderly couple walked up and tol us they had lost their way. They had an address written on a piece of paper. I knew where it was and tried to explain it to them but they spoke hardly any english and I could tell he didn't understand me. Dad was leaving anyway so he told them to get into his car, he would drive them there. They seemed so grateful and relieved.

Two fairly insignificant incidents but they speak to me that the world is full of good people. We hear so much about the bad. I talk to so many Moms who seem so scared for their families and what 'might' happen. But I want to teach my kids to see the good in people, something I've always thought that I do. Think the best and possibly be disappointed or see the worst and miss out on so much. I think it's an easy choice. I know that I still need to be aware and teach my kids to be cautious and safe. But my bottom line is that people are generally good and I think that attitude can have a massive effect on my life.

Been thinking about that a lot lately and felt I needed to post.


On a completely different note, it's 'date day' tomorrow for me and my man. So, so, so looking forward to a day in the city walking around, enjoying a Starbucks and having uninterrupted conversation. No real plans of what we are going to do - just heading to Vancouver and see where the day takes us. A day to re-energize, a week would be better, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Yesterday was date night for Reagan. Tony took her to out for dinner. She was so very, very excited. This is her eating her strawberry sundae.

2 comments:

Maria Papoila said...

Madeleine McCann, 4 years old,disappeared from The Ocean Club resort, Praia da Luz, Lagos, Portugal, in the evening of May 3, 2007. Police says that she was kidnapped by an english man.
Please, go to my blog to see her foto, and if possible, copy that to your blog.
There´s a reward, google it!

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! Yes there is a lot of bad but there is still more good it just does not sell news stories. Well done Heidykins for focusing more on the good of people.
I love your date days and nights. Hey Tony, I need a date - how about it. Actually Marky took me on a date on Thursday night to a great Brazilian restaurant. Hope to take you there one day. Leni