Monday, June 4, 2007

Weekend recap

We had a nice weekend here full of sun and warmth. Amazing weather for the past few days. Tons of just hanging out in the yard, the kids playing in the sprinkler and getting completely exhausted in that way that only comes from being outside in the sun. Had a really nice evening with our neighbors with lots of great food and some yummy popsicles Stephanie and I made. Had these recipes for years from a Gourmet magazine for 'adult' popsicles - strawberry margarita, mango daquiri, and blue martini. Finally tried them out - very refreshing on a hot summer night.
Cooper has been asking me about sushi. He has two Korean boys in his class this year who bring it in their lunch all the time. I told him that he and I would go out for some this weekend. Sunday afternoon we went out and every where was closed. He was a bit disappointed but after some McNuggets and a McFlurry all was forgotten. We'll try for the sushi next weekend. Our friends, the Shiptons, moved into a new house this weekend so last night we ended up there to see where they were at. Hadn't seen them in a very long time and ended up staying for dinner and the kids had a fun play. They are another fam of six so it's pretty wild when we all get together.
I have been really slacking at my photo taking so sorry no pics of the weekend festivites. I promise some new photos will come soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like the recipe for the popsicles, please!!
One night last month my friend and I went out for sushi. We shut the place down - at 9:00!!!! Sushi restaurants must have their own system for what hours they are open.

Anonymous said...

Don't want the recipe but will expect some to be in your freezer when I next visit. They sound so good - better than sushi:-)) Love you, Leni