Tuesday, August 14, 2007

daily something

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." (Alexander Woollcott)


Started a new project this week. My favorite thing about scrapbooking is how it celebrates the everyday. Seeing the little things in a whole new way. It has changed how I live my life, I think. And that is why I really consider it more than just a hobby. My favorite scrapbooker has coined the phrase 'life artist' and that is what we are - capturing moments in time and telling the stories. So, the project is to find a story in everyday (I have been inspired to use recycled envelopes to record them on). Some days I will have trouble deciding which story to use and other days I will be hard pressed to find the story. The point is that every day has a story and I want to remember them all.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the idea behind your post of seeing the little things in a brand new way. That is such a great way to live each day. I also agree with you about scrapping celebrating each day. This was a beautiful and thoughtful post... I am glad I stumbled across it!

Kim @ TheBitterBall

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidykins. I have not talked to you for so long even though I have been reading your posts.
Happy Anniversary!! Love the photo with Tony and Tag and I laughed so hard at the story of Tag in the library. I would not have been able to keep a straight face through that one - the little goof.
Reagan's toes are beautiful!! I remember you doing my toes when I visited. I miss you all terribly. I am busy - got a promotion and also doing the 100km walk in 7 days. Life will settle after that is finished - hope I survive! Hugs to all of you! Love, Leni