Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Some sad and some happy...

My plan tonight was to watch the Canadian Idol results show and then sit down to blog about the last couple of days. And that's still what I'm doing but the content of my post was going to be about our great shopping trip to the outlets and a family outing to the blueberry farm yesterday. But after the show I just watched I'm only thinking about one thing. Canada so, so, so got this one wrong. Christine did call me earlier this evening and I knew that a call from her on results night could only mean one thing. So I knew even before I watched that Greg was finished. I can't believe it and it almost seems silly to be posting about it - I mean I don't really know him. But like I said to Christine, we were all so excited for him, more so every week that he almost felt like my nephew too. He was the best one on that stage and I sure hope that he will still do great things. So sad to watch him sing his last song tonight.

So on a lighter note I will still fill in on the last couple of days. Thank you to the very fun four girls that I shopped with on Sunday. Mary, Olivia, Rochelle, and Nana - it was a great day and I think it could definitely become an annual tradition. In a few years, Reagan would, I'm sure, love to join us. For now I think she was quite happy to stay home with the boys. What a treat, though to wake up on Monday morning and have Olivia sleeping on her floor with Rochelle and Aunty Mary just downstairs. We got home late the night before so they all stayed over and did the drive back home in the morning. Tag crawled into bed with me in the morning and when I told him who had slept over and was still here his response was "Right now?" with big eyes and a huge smile. I responded with "ya" and he responded with "Right now?" a little louder and more animated this time. This went on for 8 or 9 times until he finally believed me. Very cute.

We ended the long weekend with a trip to Krause farms to pick blueberries. We only went to pick a few for fun and then buy what we actually wanted but who knew we had four (okay three) very good little berry pickers. I think Cooper picked close to 10lbs and Hudson and Reagan definitely did their share. Tag definitely ate his share. I think his little bucket had maybe four or less berries in it at any given time but his hands and mouth were always full.
Reagan got tired and found a shady spot to sit and rest.




We ended the trip with a stop at the little snack shop for some pie and other berry treats. Cooper was happy to get the last piece of custard pie and that they just gave it to him in the big pie tin. He deserved it after all those berries he picked.


Got some really great photos and also just got all my July photos printed so lots to inspire me to scrapbook. I need to clean off the massive mess on my table so I actually have some space to work. I haven't created for too long now - need to got back to it. Also, Christine gave us the ones she took of Tag on the tractor at their place a few weeks ago. Such a fun day for him. He is so into 'diggers' right now. We are in the midst of looking for a little ride on tractor for his birthday coming up. I would love to find something for him to make his little face just light up.

Off to bed - goodnight.

No comments: