Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Pretty toes




Reagan has been bugging me to paint her toenails for days so tonight was the night. I set her up in a comfy chair with her feet soaking in a tub of warm water. "Will you rub my legs too, Mom?" So I got out the lotion and we did it right. She chose the polish and we even added little jewels. So glad I have my little girl to do girly things with.

Went to the library today with the kids to take back books, check out new ones and get our stickers for the summer reading club. I reminded them all before we got in that the library is a quiet place and we need to remember to walk, not run, you know, all that stuff. Taggart has no concept of quiet, he shouts everything he says so the whole time I'm saying 'Tag, be quiet. Tag, stop shouting' in the calmest, quietest voice I can manage but still trying to get my point across. And of course, he is constantly disappearing behind a book shelf so I'm saying to the other three 'guys, where's Tag?' and he always here's me and shouts from wherever he is 'Here I am Mom!'
It felt a bit like a gong show. I am amazed that a kid with bionic hearing (he can hear an ambulance siren from 10 miles away) feels the need to shout everything. The mysteries of a two-year old.

The trip was a success though, if only for the fact that I found the whole season five of Little House on the Priarie on DVD. I have been looking for these for a long time - would like to buy them all but too much $. So tonight was 'Little House' night whether the kids liked it or not. Tony was working late, which I am sure he will be thankful for when he finds out what he missed. This was my favorite TV show as a kid and I still enjoy them as much as I did back then. And they are still just as much a tear jerker as they used to be. The kids were looking at me as if I'd lost it. "Why is everyone crying?" Reagan asks. "Those are happy tears" I say through my own. I don't think they got it. We watched two episodes and there are 19 more in this series. We have the DVD for 3 weeks so that's about an episode a night. Tony is going to be excited :)
Tag being carried in from the car after the library. So love my little guy in orange and that he is still little enough to do this with.


No comments: