Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bubbles and a new favorite

At the end of our beautiful sunny warm long weekend the rain came again on Monday. But a new bottle of bubbles was enough to get them back outside. We hung out on the front porch under the roof and blew bubbles into the rain.
Good fun until Taggart spilled all his bubbles onto the sidewalk.
Then I told him that we have more and I could give him a refill. Yahoo!
And finally, something I just have to share. This is heaven in a jar - hard to believe that something could really be this good and cost only $2.99 but it's true. The best caramel sauce I've ever tasted and I've tried a few. My favorite way to eat it: on a spoon but pairing it with an apple seems to justify it a little more. If you love caramel or even if you don't - a must try! :)

I am also really loving little white dishes lately. The little fluted ramekins are from a great little kitchen shop in Fort Langley and the little tiny bowls are from Ikea. It's fun to present snacks to the kids in these little dishes and they all get a kick out of it. It's all about celebrating the everyday - which is really what this blog originally was intended for. Making the little things special. I would love to start scouring antique stores or garage sales and finding more 'white-ware'. Maybe someday I'll have time for that. :)







No comments: