Sunday, August 3, 2008

A case of bad timing


Right now this little girl should not be lying on the couch watching movies, she should be packing her bag for her first time at sleep away camp. But this morning as I gave her a shower and washed her hair I noticed spots. SPOTS! A quick trip to the clinic confirmed it - chicken pox. Shes the only one in this family who could get it. The big boys have had them and Tag's been vaccinated. I am, of course, kicking myself now that I didn't vaccinate her as well. She's handling it pretty well. After a break down in the truck after we left the doctor, Cooper has been doing a good job of taking care of her and keeping her mind occupied.

Me, on the other hand, I am not doing so well. I was so looking forward to taking my girl to camp. But things happen for a reason, right?!
Now the other issue - family BBQ tonight at John and Christine's. Reagan was going to miss it so I didn't even tell her that Evie and our newest Braun, Caleb were going to be there. She would have been so disappointed. Now, can we take her? That wouldn't be very responsible, I'm thinking. I think I will make a couple calls to see if the other sets of parents were more responsible than I and vaccinated thier children. We'll see how it all plays out.
For now, Daddy just brought donuts so I'm going to go enjoy one with my spotty girl.

No comments: