Monday, February 23, 2009

Sick or not sick - that is the question.

One of the things I don't like about motherhood is being the judge of whether or not the kids are too sick to go to school. I don't need that kind of pressure. I'm a big meanie if I send them to school and then they end up in the sick room with a fever halfway through the day. But on the other hand, I'm a big pushover if I let them stay home and they are running around flying paper airplanes halfway through the day. I'll let you guess what today was. He's so not getting me tomorrow. After school we all headed to the mall as promised to Cooper to get the latest book in the Bone series that he has been reading non-stop for the last week. When we go to the mall and one of us is purchasing something everyone runs to grab their wallets 'just in case they see something they want to buy', which of course, is highly likely. Everyone ended up with new books and that made for a very quiet peaceful few minutes when we got home. So happy and thankful that
they all enjoy books.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always feel the exact same way when my kids are sick. Thankfully they don't get sick too often.

Adrienne said...

maybe you should homeschool..ha ..just kiddin'. Love new books, even from the library, they still bring a kind os calm over the house. How r ya? Been thinking of you. Maybe next week we can do a coffee. Yeah, last weekend of soccer for awhile. Faith starts this summer..oh my!!

Anonymous said...

those pictures of hudson are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - I would say not sick but in need of a mental health day!! I have to take those sometimes. I could not live without books, I reckon. Can't wait to see you all, booked my tickets. I'll send you an email Heidy. Leni