Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Beach

I know, I know, two posts in two days. I said I would get better, didn't I?

Today Taggart and I headed out to Crescent Beach in White Rock to join Reagan's class on a field trip. (Cooper went fishing and Hudson went to Minter Gardens, but when they all go on a field trip on the same day the one to bring home the notice first gets me.) The weather cooperated though the wind did get a little chilly at times. As far as field trips go this was a really easy one. We just plunked ourselves down in our chairs on the sand and just watched the kids play all around us. Watching Reagan and Tag run around with all their little buddies laughing and having such a great time I couldn't help but think if they will ever remember this day. Probably not, but days like this one shape their childhood into something good and that they will remember.The beach was so crowded - there were so many other school groups. But they all cleared out at around 1:00 and then we had almost the whole beach to ourselves. Reagan travelled on the bus in the morning but then she came home with Tag and I so we could stay a little longer.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Nice top you're wearing, Reagan!

Anonymous said...

What a fun field trip!

Anonymous said...

The weather looks good! You are right Heidy, they may not remember this particular day but how loved and celebrated are your kids!! That is what will make their memories special. Love you, Leni