Monday, June 8, 2009

City mouse, country mouse

Leni and I experienced it all this weekend and I can't really say which I enjoyed more. When I found out she was coming home I immediately knew I wanted to have some quality one on one time with her so I booked us into the Sutton Hotel in downtown Vancouver for one night. What would be the chances that on that same weekend, our four brothers would be having their annual fishing weekend at Rudy's cabin in Lac Le Jeune. So what are two sisters to do but go crash the boy party. Actually, we were invited, on some matters of family importance. (it's a hard transition to make when you have to start taking care of your parents, rather than the other way around) But all the seriousness aside, we had such a great time and the boys made us girls feel more than welcome. They served us wine by the lake and cooked us a great dinner over an open flame. Nevermind the fact that this was somewhat a momentous occasion, as the six of us have never really spent any time together without spouses, kids, etc. And who knows if it will ever happen again (eventhough the idea of crashing their weekend annually did come up).

So after a day and night in the city, where Leni and I chatted, ate, shopped, chatted, drank a little wine, shopped, ate and drank a little more wine we headed to the country to do more of the same (just replace shopping with fishing). I know I will cherish this weekend in my memories for a long time. Some great conversations and the reminder that the safety and comfort of family can't be easily replaced, at least not for me. Thanks guys.

In our hotel room
Around the fireMy friend, Chip
Cooking our dinner
A call from Tina while on the boat
Rudy and Willi in a showdown. This was a bit of a weekend of the cameras. Photos of people taking photos of people taking photos.A moment in time

3 comments:

Mary said...

Great photo of the 6 of you. Glad you had such a nice time.

Anonymous said...

How lucky were you to get the best of both worlds! Sounds like a fantastic weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos and the memories. I loved that weekend and have resolved that you and I need to do that each time I come home! Miss you like crazy! Leni