Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Today...

My mom is spending one week of respite in a home and today Taggart and I visited her. We cut a rose from the garden to take with us and Tag was excited to give it to her. I was hoping to take a photo of the two of them together but unfortunately, Mom wasn't very happy today about being where she was, so that didn't happen. Watching your parents age is a very tough thing.
On a happier note, Hudson had his first cross country race today. It was raining, windy and freezing cold but Hudson was really excited. He did great and came in 21st place. The first 20 get ribbons so he was a bit bummed out about that but not discouraged. He said that next week, all he has to do is pass one more person. I was proud of him. Not a great photo. I was trying to keep my camera dry by hiding it in my coat and then all of a sudden he was in front of me and I hardly had time to turn it on, never mind focus. I'll do better next week too.





3 comments:

mary said...

I think you did great, Hudson! You really look like you are giving it your all!!
Very sweet, Taggart!

Adrienne said...

great to chat for a minute today. came home and made your big banana muffins and was looking for the tex mex chicken in a crock pot dish, need to get it again. Great job Hudson!! Sorry to hear about your mom, hopefully it will be respite for your Dad without too much guilt. chat soon

Anonymous said...

Well done Hudson and in such tough conditions too!! Taggart, thank you for taking a rose to Oma, it was thoughtful of you! Love, Aunty Leni