Friday, November 13, 2009

LIttle things

I started this blog almost three years ago with the reason that I wanted to document the little things in life. Those moments that you are sure to forget if they are not recorded.
But lately I have stopped doing that to the extent that I want to. I could probably come up with all kinds of reasons for it but I'm not going to. Life does get busy and sometimes life's stresses get in the way of hanging on to what's most important.
Life's littlest moments are often the greatest.

Thankful for these little things:

Taggart brought home a sheet of his two Christmas songs that they have started practicing at school for the Christmas concert. His teacher told them to go onto YouTube when they got home so that they could hear them being sung and that we could practice more at home. The fact that my 5 year old knows what YouTube is another story - he actually told me it was iTunes so that is where we went. So he spent the next while playing them over and over on the computer, "reading" off his paper, and singing at the top of his lungs. If he keeps them up he is going to know 'Up on the Housetop' and 'Little Toy Trains' better than all of them.

We've been talking a lot around here lately about respect and treating others kindly (especially your siblings). Sometimes we all forget about others, getting all caught up in ourselves.
Trying to re-focus. This was a good Mama moment as I looked out the front window and saw Cooper and Hudson hanging out, shooting hoops, and not trying to kill eachother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My little thing that I am thankful for is this blog to keep me involved in your life. Love, Leni