Monday, August 9, 2010

If I didn't have a girl...

....I probably wouldn't get excited about finding a little loop of plastic at the mall called a Topsy Tail.

....I wouldn't be able to use that Topsy Tail to try out some fun new hairstyles.

....I wouldn't spend an hour on the couch painting flowers and butterflies on little fingernails.

....I would have no one to buy pretty little shoes for, because as everyone knows, a girl can't have too many shoes.
NO PHOTO OF THE SHOES, BUT TRUST ME, SHE HAS FLIP-FLOPS IN ALMOST EVERY COLOR
....I wouldn't have anyone to go out to dinner with and to share sweet, fruity, virgin Margaritas with.

....I wouldn't have anyone to go to Chapters with and pick out a handful of new chapter books.


Last week Reagan and I had a nice little girls day. We went to the movies to see "Beezus and Ramona" (we loved it), went to Chapters to spend a gift card still from her birthday, and then out for dinner. We had such a great time together. And I know that some of these things I also could have done with the boys. They like buying books at Chapters, the love going out for dinner, I'm sure they would drink a fruity drink, and Taggart would even let me paint his nails. But there really is something about 'Mom-daughter' time that makes me so thankful for my sweet girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I want those nails!! Love, Leni