Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cooper


I never know when I'm going to embarrass him just by being around or when it's totally cool to have me around.
He is a good babysitter and never complains when I leave him in charge.(sometimes the others do)
It's totally fine with him when Taggart sees him at school with his buddies and goes running over to say 'HI'. He sometimes even has a hug for him.
He is obsessed with Lego. More specifically, Lego mini-figures. He spends hours creating them, finding the exact right piece to add, and more recently filming them and voicing over to make Lego movies. This actually needs a blog post all to itself. Hours and hours spent. Will try to post more on this soon.
Has found a real place in 'film club' at school. So thankful for great teachers who take time for our kids and show them new things and open up their minds like I know I never could. Really wanted to post a video here of what Cooper recently starred in and had a hand in editing at school but blogger won't let me do it. If I figure it out, I'll post it.
Drives Hudson crazy. But yet Hudson still wants to do everything that Cooper does. I know that there is a deep friendship in there somewhere just waiting to get out.
Loves to be loud and silly - sometimes to a fault.
He has definitely found an interest in girls. Probably for much longer than I have known, but more recently quite willing to share his interest with the rest of us. He went to his first dance last weekend and, much to my delight, came home and was eager to share all the details of the evening with me. Okay, I'm not so naive to think he shared all the details, but I got more than I know I will ever get from Hudson.
He is a great kid and I need to remind myself of that often. He also has away of pushing buttons that I never knew I had.
Today I wanted to go and take photos of the kids in downtown Abbotsford - possibly for a Christmas card but mostly because it's been so long since I've done it. The rain came before long and we weren't able to get much done. Cooper was my first subject and he was cooperative and willing for the few minutes we had.
He most definitely has the 12-year old attitude going on, but his head is in another world most of the time. But Cooper is a unique kid with so many strengths and qualities which will take him far in life. Those same qualities that can sometimes make him a challenge to parent will some day serve him well.
Love ya, Coop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Love you too Cooper! Auntie Leni