Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh my...

Where has January gone? It really feels like it has been a bit of a whirlwind. Blogging has definitely taken a backseat as other things have taken up my time.

Tony turned 40 last weekend.

We celebrated that night at home with a steak dinner and coconut cream pie. The end of a long and busy week meant that not everyone made it to dessert when this photo was taken. Taggart was already tucked tightly into bed and Hudson was at a friends birthday party. It was a tough call for him to decide which he should be at, but his buddy won out.
The next night we had some friends in for a small, low-key evening of appys, drinks, and visiting.

The rest of the past two weeks has been me preparing for my amazing adventure that I set out on tomorrow. Can't believe I am leaving my family for 3 weeks to go visit my big sis in Sydney, Australia. I have tried to stock my freezer with a few meals, cleaned the house, laundry is all caught up and hopefully I have left detailed enough information as to all the events of the next 3 weeks. The Valentine cards for Tag and Reagan's class were even completed and ready for them to take to school that morning.


I know that Tony and Nana will handle everything beautifully and I am so excited for this get-away opportunity. I hope to be able to figure out a way to blog while I'm down-under. If not, look for a lengthy post with lots of photos when I return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Tony! It's hard to believe that so many of us are hitting the big 4-0 this year. Where did the time go?

Have a great time in Australia. I'm super jealous since it's been on my list of places to visit for a very long time. I'll definitely be looking forward to hearing all about it!